Sunday 27 March 2016

My Journey into the beautiful world of Theatre

I can recall childhood memories where I could deliver huge monologues of old Telugu movies. Friends and relatives who came home would be behind my back and made sure I recited them those lines. They all thought it was cute. As and when I grew up, the cuteness was probably gone. Nobody asked me to recite dialogues and I eventually forgot what I did as a child.

But I think theatre was meant to happen to me. 2 years ago, we had something called “Drama day” At Lakshya’s Udaan Home (The NGO I use to work for, then). The kids learnt little 10 minute skits with a social message in them and then they had to face a competition with kids from other organisations. It was fun. We volunteers and caretakers managed to train the kids and put up a small show which was big in terms of kids enthusiasm. The kids had no clue that their trainers didn’t know any theatre/drama themselves. They performed, we were proud, we gave away medals, we danced, we had a good “Drama Day”!

The beatiful performances put up by kids!


For me, it didn’t end there. Maybe that little kid in me who recited monologues wanted to do more. 

Around last year this time, I decided I wanted to learn acting.
That’s when Facebook helped me and Evam’s first rush workshop paved my way towards it.

When we happily Graduated from Evam's First Rush workshop!


 We put up our first show on November 1st 2015 at Atta Galatta. It was intense in terms of practise. Theatre made a “Not at all morning person”, A “very morning person”.
There is nothing like rehearsing in the early hours of morning. 
Theatre made me a new person. I became a person of Art. 
The journey has been beautiful ever since!
And I am so glad I took that decision.


When I was a tied up lobster

When I had to decide between the smart looking guy and the smart thinking guy! 

When i was asked out in style! :P



The people who have been a part of this journey will always be remembered, loved and thanked. 


Happy World Theatre Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment